Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 14, 2011

A Sweet Weekend

Red Velvet Cake Balls recreated by Samantha Scott Events
(Photo by Samantha Scott Events)

I had a sweet weekend! I'm not using the word "sweet" to imply I had an awesome couple days off; I'm using it to inform you that I indulged.

My first dessert fest occurred somewhere around Midnight as I dove into old-fashioned, Southern delicacies, courtesy of Porch Pies, at a glammed up work party my husband and I attended. Standing by the dessert table for about twenty minutes probably wasn't the best party etiquette, but I couldn't resist the pecan pie or the buttermilk pie, family heirloom recipes passed down to owner/founder Robyn Poarch. Best part is, the company bakes all pies to order and then hand delivers them to your front door. Right now, this only applies to the LA area, but I'm sure an expansion is somewhere in the future.

The next afternoon, I attended another soiree--this time it was girls only. The Valentine's gathering, thrown by Samantha Scott, offered Red Velvet Cake Pops, which appeared so perfect I though they were store bought. But, the moment Samantha said she made them herself, the diving commenced once again, and I went forth and sinned for the second time in 24 hours. It was worth it. Get the recipe from Bakerella here.

A Buttermilk Pie from Porch Pies
(Photo by Porch Pies)
The Sweets Table at Samantha Scott's Valentine's event
(Photo by Samantha Scott Events) 

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy you enjoyed! Now I have to check out Porch Pies! Thank you my love and Happy Valentine's Day! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Feed me, please!