Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Jammie Jam

As one of my best friends and I meandered through the H&M store in quaint Georgetown this past weekend, she succinctly asked, "Valerie, what are these silk pajama pants all about?" I smiled and said, "well, according to The Man Repeller, innerwear worn as outerwear is so hot right now." She just smiled and continued to browse. I smiled too, as the pants, which are slightly less baggy than bedtime flannels, appealed to me the moment I met them. I love when fashion is comfortable.

We had this conversation after two hours of sleep on a red eye from the West Coast and a triple latte from Dean & Deluca, so it's a miracle I remember the words that made me feel so expert-like. Every new, far-fetched trend deserves to "have a moment." Therefore, I am bestowing pajama pants (or as designer Karen Walker calls them, boat pants) with their moment.

Here's a visual explanation of how to wear them. Guys, pay attention, too; pajama pants are the best way to express your mack daddy/Hugh Hefner side.

Proenza Schouler Fall 2011 RTW
(photo via nymag.com)
Haider Ackerman Resort 2011
(photo via nymag.com)
Karen Walker Spring 2011 RTW
(photo via nymag.com)
Erdem fall 2011
(photo via nymag.com)

Lanvin via Mr. Porter

3 comments:

Feed me, please!