Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Feline Fever



K kids, today's Feline Fun day! I've been seeing spots everywhere in anticipation of what looks like a daring fall fashion season. I'm not sure if you have, but if today's posting and Angela Lindvall's suggestive French Vogue photo from the 90's (pictured above) doesn't turn you into a leopard print convert, I honestly don't know what will.

I've been obsessing over this Dolce & Gabbana emerald leopard bustier dress, pondering (or should I say daydreaming) what occasion could possibly warrant spending this much money on a delicious looking frock...I'll get back to you, but I'm sure I'll come up with something. Anyway, I've had spots on the brain since last week, and then poof!, Barney's sends me an email about Lanvin's new leopard bags. Oy, I better come up with a plan quick before I go over board and my entire closet explodes with animal patterns.

For the time being, I've decided to feed my addiction by suggesting some purr-worthy pieces (there's even something for the guys) to choose from so you can successfully sassy up your wardrobe and get lost in a whimsical jungle of lions and tigers and bears oh my.

And now that you've been given the key to spice up your wardrobe life, let's spice up your kitchen life as well with my new favorite hors d'oeuvre recipe, courtesy of the fabulous Whitney Florin, who seems as though she can do it all. I nibbled on her toasts topped with Spicy Feta Spread last weekend at her sister Lindsay's pre-party and had to have the recipe. Kisses Whit for letting me share them with my small, yet powerful fan base!

Shop the looks (from top to bottom): Dolce & Gabbana's Leopard Bustier Dress; Lanvin's Happy Mini Shoulder Bag; Billabong's Leopard Halter Bikini; Christian Louboutin's Leopard-Print Lace-Up Bootie; Katy Rodriguez's Leopard Racer Vest; Ked's for Opening Ceremony's Ked Champion Men's Sneakers.








Spicy Feta Spread

6 jalapenos (red and green if available)
1 lb. of crumbled greek feta
½ lb. of cream cheese
¼ c. olive oil
1/3 c. lemon juice
3 garlic cloves

Brush jalapenos with oil and roast in oven at 500 degrees until bubbly. Let cool for 20 minutes then peel and remove some of the seeds (The seeds are the spiciest part of the pepper). Add all the ingredients into a food processor and blend. Lemon juice should be added little by little. Spread can be made a few days ahead of time.

Slice one baguette and brush with olive oil. Lightly toast. Place a layer of spicy feta on bread and top with red pepper spread. Or spreads can be served as a dip with pita chips.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE,but I have always been a fan of animal prints... I just now need a white 1995 porsche turbo to match!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! How hot is that pic.? It's one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete

Feed me, please!