Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Time


If you haven't noticed, green is in. "Army Green" is what they call it. It makes me think of G.I. Joe, Demi Moore with a shaved head and Private Benjamin, which is all fine and dandy, but what I'm looking for is something different--a little outside the box--and I think I've found it.

A shade lighter than anything military inspired, "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Green" contains just a hint of grey (think split pea soup). Ashish's sequin pants are a great example and could very well become the bottom of my T.M.N.T. Halloween costume next year.

My attempt to coin a new color is all thanks to Essie's amazing fall nail color, "Sew Psyched," which is surely named for the underground amphibians. Come on girls, whether you were a tomboy or not in the 80's, you loved the show/movies. OK, at the least, you wanted to grow up to be April, the sexy, legs-for-days news reporter.

Here are some of my favorite picks that scream Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello and Raphael.

(Ashish's Sequined Silk Pants via Net-A-Porter
(Retro Super Future Sunglasses via Madewell)
(Gap's Center Seam Dolman Sweater)  
(Photo via squarednails.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feed me, please!