Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 10, 2011

NYC Fashion Week Longing and Recap #1

Unfortunately, I am not at a Fashion Week. I'm currently at a desk in an office on Wilshire Boulevard typing away with no first-hand view of this fall's trends.

Until I'm assigned a seat underneath the tents, I'll have take the information that continues to sputter across the Web and turn it into real entertainment for both you and I to witness and think about.

Here's what has tickled me so far. I do love BCBG Max Azria's collection; it's wearable and comfortable without being fussy or grungy. Feminine without being overly girly--refined without any real embellishments. The dresses are definitely day-to-night must haves. P.S. I love the Diane Keaton turtleneck thing happening...so very mod-tastic.

Nicholas K. was a bit too homeless person for me, but I do like what happened at Vena Cava. Not all of the looks were presented well; many of the models resembled French "street walkers," but the high-waisted sailor slacks and Navajo-patterned pieces caught my eye, whether I wanted them too or not.

What do you think so far?

BCBG Max Azria Fall  RTW '11
Glittery eyes on a model backstage at Vena Cava 
Vena Cava Fall RTW '11
Gryson shoes to appear on the runway for Nanette Lepore


(All photos via nymag.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feed me, please!