Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Channeling the Vampiress




You guys all knew I would have to blog about Twilight at least once. Don't worry "honey," there's nothing about Robert Pattinson in here (or Kristen). This is all about the series' vampiresses.

There are not many things I would line up for after Midnight now that I'm married and in my late twenties, but for Twilight, I'll pretty much do anything. I'm not sure why; maybe it's because one cast member is more beautiful than the next. For example Ashley Greene (pictured solo in the second photo above from Vanity Fair's June issue) is an immortal mix of super model Eva Herzigova and Marisa Tomei. And the rest of the key female players such as Dakota Fanning and Bryce Dallas Howard (pictured in the first photo from Vanity Fair's June issue as well), do a pretty good job acting as bloodthirsty seductresses too.

Many designers are obviously on the same wave length, hence the fact that their fall 2010 collections invoke the look of a female vampire on the prowl. With elegantly frizzy Elvira hair, over-sized Dracula collars, charred eyes and tons of black, it's apparent that a Twilight plague is upon us, especially once Eclipse hits theaters. I can't wait to start taking on this trend particularly because I'm smitten with Australian designer Sass & Bide's pieces, ones that would be perfect on Morticia Adams if she ever wore haute couture--gothic tribal prints, hip cut-outs and so much more.

And to complete my look, I'll be sipping a Vampire's Elixir martini as I watch the first and second movie over and over in anticipation of the third one coming out on DVD. It's an impressive cocktail to make for guests...and not just on Halloween. I learned of the libation while doing some PR work for SKYY; it's delicious but quite sweet (see the recipe below).

Die for the looks (from top to bottom):
Chanel; Sass & Bide(1); Sass & Bide(2); Burberry; Vivienne Westwood; Issa.







Vampire's Elixir


1 1/2 oz. Skyy Infusions Raspberry Vodka
1 oz. Half and Half Cream
3/4 oz. White Chocolate Liqueur
Strawberry Syrup

Dress strawberry syrup on the inside and rim of a chilled martini glass. Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into martini glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feed me, please!