Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 14, 2010

I'm Starving for a Guatemalan Adventure



I'll admit J. Crew has ramped up its chic factor over the past few years; I love spending a lazy Sunday afternoon combing the store's racks for work staples and quaint accessories that I can wear to the next bridal shower on my calendar. But in the brand's latest catalog spread, Glimpses from Guatemala, the clothes are placed on an entirely different level. They are transformed into high-fashion pieces that warrant a casual night out in NYC or a permanent place in your suitcase when traveling abroad. What I especially love about this spread is that it entices you to plan a trip to Guatemala--it makes the city of La Antigua (the location the shoot occured) look so elegant. Have a look! You won't be disappointed.

And if you're still not convinced that Guatemala is for you, be sure to check out a couple of the Central American country's boutique hotels below for a dose of unexpected luxury.








Luxe Lodgings


Posada del Angel
4ta Avenida Sur #24A
La Antigua, Guatemala
www.posadadelangel.com

La Lancha
Lake Peten Itza
Tikal, Guatemala
www.coppolaresorts.com/lalancha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feed me, please!