Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Artwork that Says it All

(Photo via Flickr)
Afflicted with bare walls in our T.V. room, the room we spend the most time in, is a definite problem.

It's mainly due to the fact that my husband and I can't agree on a piece; he's into Warhol pop art while I am obsessed with Diego Riviera, so much so that I would bathe in one his paintings if I could. However, thanks to a friend of mine, who made a laud-worthy discovery on Etsy, I think we finally have a winner.

Even though his pieces are not lit up like Jonathan Adler's coruscating "Drugs" sign, which can be seen hanging in the lobby-turned-lavish Navajo hippie den at The Parker Palm Springs, artist William Dohman of St. Paul Minnesota creates fun handmade words to grace your walls with...ones that stylishly personalize and  define a space.

Best part is Dohman can custom make a word for you. I know a lot of you out there are thinking, "Gleek." I'm not so sure about that. My friend just bought the word, "Holla," which I think is a great way of expressing a love of pop culture.


(Photo by William Dohman)

(Photo by William Dohman)

(Vintage New York Subway Signs from subwaysigns.com)

(Vintage Motel sign from This Is Not Ikea)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feed me, please!