Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Tats



(Photo via youngandontheguestlist.com)

Ever thought about getting inked? My tat clock started ticking around the young age of 15. After my mom and I had the usual mother-daughter talks and discussed the precautions, I finally went all the way.

There I was--this little Jewish girl, who just got her learner's permit and a Kanji symbol on her left ankle to match. I don't regret my decision; it symbolizes my youth (even if the Chinese character I picked does stand for something as cliche as "heaven.")

I felt compelled to post something about the controversial art form after running into chef/owner of Palate Food + Wine, Ottavio Becerra, last night at one of dineLA's many promotional quick fire events. One of my favorite chefs to follow and a Joachim Splichal protege, Becerra won the cold noodle competition and then graciously posed for me. I always wanted the opportunity to get a shot of his Japanese Masamoto knife , an image I would gladly add to my arm if I were a devoted chef like he is.

I have a feeling the following trendsetters don't regret their body art decisions either, even if the fad has faded.

(Chef Ottavio Becerra) 
World renowned model Freja Beha and her tattoo, which symbolizes a conscious effort to float through life, rather than sink.
(Photo from frejabeha.blogspot.com)

Drew Barrymore in Bazaar's October 2010 issue, slightly showing off her famous butterfly tattoo, an insect she sent into stardom in the 90's.
(Photos via justajared.buzznet.com and kidzworld.com)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and nice tats. Interesting. And dresses are hot, and looking so hot. Gorgeous with its golden color and design. Love it.
    To know about fashionable accessories click silicone breast prosthesis

    ReplyDelete

Feed me, please!