Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Grocery Store Bliss: New Belvedere Bloody Mary

I don't know about you, but sometimes my friends and I find as much solace in grocery shopping as we do in shoe shopping. Maybe it's the fact that I'm on the brink of 30 and turning into a pantry whore? Maybe it's because I simply love food as much as I love fashion? Or, maybe it's because wine and spirits always make it onto my list? 

There's something about bringing home a new addition to the liquor cabinet--say a pricey but delicious whiskey to slake that midnight Manhattan craving. But there is always a chance of bringing home a spirit so fine that it can become dangerously intoxicating, especially if concocted with the right ingredients. 

Enter Belvedere Bloody Mary. The new flavored vodka is sealed with a hint of those authentic, classic horseradish/tomato/peppery flavors. This month Nylon chose the bottle for its "Drink of the Month" and included a recipe, which looks like a must-try for spring! 


(photo via greensbeverages.com)

Belvedere Bloody Mary Martini 
(published by Nylon

60 ml Belvedere Bloody Mary
6 cherry tomatoes 
Dash of lemon juice
(optional Tobasco to taste) 

1. Muddle tomatoes with lemon juice. 
2. Add Belvedere Bloody Mary and shake with ice cubes. 
3. Double strain into a chilled martini glass. 
4. Garnish with a lemon twist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feed me, please!