Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 15, 2010

Last Night with Rag & Bone

Last night, I was lucky enough to be invited to attend a casual soirée at the new Nordstrom in Santa Monica Place to meet the Brit duo behind Rag & Bone. Easily the highlight of my week, chatting it up with Marcus Wainwright and David Neville was a cinch just as much as it was an honor.

The co-founders, dressed in nothing but a pair of distressed jeans and white shirts, humbly blushed when I told them how great of a job I think they've done with the collections this year. My husband also marveled at the two, especially when he discovered that Neville, the business mind behind the operation, was a banker before recreating himself as a denim/ luxury streetwear god.

In the past, I thought the label's pieces were a tad understated for my style, but this year the divine sweaters, capes, jackets, accessories and shoes invoke that effortless "I just landed in London and am ready to hit the streets" look. With the perfect felt, wide-brimmed hat and suede construction booties, the designers have touched upon and mastered all of the trends we'll be seeing during this year's cold snap.

(Models in waiting)
(Mallory Zip Front Booties with chunky wool socks) 
(Me posing in a floppy felt brim hat and sweater)

(Marcus and David chatting it up)



(Clockwise from the top: 'Marais' Lambskin Leather Trim Silk Shirt; 'Edith' Pleated Skirt; Northfield Poncho; Marylebone Dress; Floppy Brim Fedora

4 comments:

  1. i LOVE the chunky socks with the boots.

    Can't go wrong with rag and bone.

    i wander, i wonder

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT pictures. There's nothing like making new friends, and this is what I love the most here on blogger. Want to check on my blog ? I think we could follow each other, it would be so much fun, oh and perhaps if you have twitter you can add me too or facebook . What do you think? I would be so glad. Love, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pieces! Love the leather-pieces dress/top so cool!

    Puck
    http://oneofpoints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Feed me, please!