Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Blame It on Rio


I'm finally getting  that tropical trip I've been hoping, wishing and praying for. But what to pack? I tend to look to an era for inspiration so I remain focused and prevent over packing, a genetic curse I inherited from my mother.

This time, I choose one of my favorite movies of all time, Blame It on Rio, which captures the essence of casual resort wear in the early 80's. I'm trying to go for Michelle Johnson's effortless bombshell look (Demi doesn't dress to shabby either).

My husband and I watched it late last night, as he had never seen it. Even though he got a kick out of Michael Caine's youthful appearance and gargantuan spectacles, he thought it a bit inappropriate. To find out why, you'll have to go rent it. Hint...Lolita.

So wish me Bon Voyage as I cram our suitcase with white linen trousers, silky blouses, vintage tanks and espadrilles. Oh and did I mention I'm not bringing one heating device for my hair? It's getting a vacation too. But hey, disheveled and natural waves were in back then.

(Photo via fridaymoviez.com)


(Other Photos via mrpeelsardineliqueur.blogspot.com)

7 comments:

  1. We hope you have a fabulous time on your trip =)

    Much love, the .sabo skirt. girls
    Ps our online SHOP launches 1st March!

    www.saboskirt.blogspot.com
    www.saboskirt.blogspot.com
    www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh I love this :)
    stop by sometime, xx natalie
    http://lavagabonddame.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. really nice post! love the images youve chosen, just came across your blog, been having a look through, its lovely! x

    http://peaceandloveand.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. lucky you! i need a tropical trip too!


    http://mary-jane-girl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This movie is hilarious!!!!! and sooo 80's!! and it's one of my favourites!!!! hahah!!! I hope you guys have the most fantastic trip!!!
    Big Kisses,
    xox Beckerman Girls
    www.BeckermanBitePlate.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so lucky to be going on vacation! I've never actually seen Blame it On Rio, but maybe I'll have to now!

    ReplyDelete

Feed me, please!