Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 21, 2011

Closet Voyeur

John Gerhardt's collection of dress shoes
For all of you (I'm included in this) who get hot and bothered when bloggers get personal by snapping interior photos of their closets--which always seem to be overflowing with oodles of Hermes scarves, fist-size jewels and Louboutins galore--you're about to have a fashion murmur (I'm included in this too).

I do find this kind of entertainment a bit painful for people like myself who have to grow their closets slow and steady like a friggin Chia Pet but sooooo worth it.

While reading my daily NY Mag Fashion Alert newsletter, I read about a new Website that launched today, The Coveted. The site provides us readers with an uncanny look inside some very important people's closets. By important, I mean the untouchables who work in the world of fashion editorial, styling, and beyond, including Keith Pollock, Editorial Director of Elle.com New York and Mary Kate Stein Miller, Fashion Market Director for Teen Vogue.

Not only do we get a glimpse at the dreamy goods, we get an explanation of them, the history behind them and a description of the art pieces that get proudly displayed with them. After all, closets for "these" folks are like odes to their knack for style; function isn't the only purpose.

Let the drooling begin. Enjoy!

Keith Pollack's sunglasses collection: note those vintage Chanel's
Fiona Green's Balenciaga booties: note the chains and glosses next door
Mona Sharf's pieces from the spring 2007 LV Love collection: note that scarf
John Gerhardt's Lanvin shirts: note the Chris Nicholls photo and the Shepard Fairey lady
Mary Kate Steinmiller's array of minis: note the fantastic feather Tracy Feith print
Joanna Hillman's jewelry display: note those jeweled Miu Miu's

(All photos from Nymag.com)

6 comments:

  1. I love the collection of mini skirts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the coveted is already in myfavourites!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I found this website via Refinery29 myself and went more than a little crazy obsessing. I just literally want to be BE Mona Sharf. Literally. I want to work in fashion PR and not starve and have tons of Elizabeth and James and Balenciaga. *sigh*

    It's the fucking Selby of closets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting site - And what amazing closets!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are great!! I love seeing in closets, hehe. I love the very top one...there's a pair of shoes that I just love, the second row from the front, on the very left!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those balenciaga booties! :)
    stop by sometime, xx natalie

    ReplyDelete

Feed me, please!