Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Let's Go to the Chapel with Joan Harris


Ladies, wedding season is upon us and I know many of you, including myself, kickoff the marriage mayhem in February and March. As a guest, buying a gift is a cinch thanks to the all-mighty registry. But what about an outfit? This is the true challenge us girls are perpetually faced with.

Enter Joan Harris (if you're not already familiar, Joan is the strikingly beautiful and voluptuous character on "Mad Men"). Her impeccable, Parisian-influenced wardrobe has become inspiration to many designers, such as John Galliano, who wish to capture the 50' and 60's by utilizing full skirts, pin-up silhouettes, cloches, and colors other than black. We can thank Joan for brining fur and red lips back; two amazing additions one should never go to a black tie or black tie optional wedding without.

I don't know about you, but after watching several seasons of "Mad Men" and gawking at looks from Christian Dior's spring 2011 couture show, which is pictured above and below (soooo in love), I'm decking myself out in head-to-toe glamour. I'll be stowing the bandaged Herve Legers for Vegas, as it's all about becoming a classy lady when "going to the chapel."







(All Photos from Nymag.com)

1 comment:

  1. Dior s/s is breathtaking, and I can totally see Joan in all of it!

    ReplyDelete

Feed me, please!