Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Lovely wedding, isn't it?

(A photo from our wedding on August 31, 2008)
When it came to wedding planning, I would've disappeared to some tropical paradise and walked down the aisle in a white beaded bikini if it were feasible. But it just wasn't. We were young with lots of friends and family who wanted to share our moment of matrimonial bliss with us.

I was never big on the business of being a bride. I was more excited about dreaming up an unparalleled menu of marinated bocconcini, gourmet pot roast and butterscotch pudding, and wearing a Carolina Herrera couture gown, than anything else (other than bonding myself to my husband for life, of course). Shocker, right?

However, flipping through magazines was definitely a treat. The wedding we fashioned ours after came from Los Angeles Weddings (from the publishers of Los Angeles magazine) which I coincidentally worked for at the time. There is something so magical about observing another couple's manifestation of ideas, especially when it's classy, timeless and innovative.

All of those aspects are shown here, in a workshop shoot overseen and styled by Carter & Cook Event Co. I would never, and I mean never, subject you to anything wedding-related unless it was absolutely to die for. And this shoot, conducted with a real a couple in an enchanted forest of robin's egg blue and orange sherbert is astounding. It's little touches like colorful popsicles and a floral sweater on the bride during photos that makes a wedding much more than just a wedding. I'm completely smitten--the lavish campground design  triumphs anything I've ever seen in Martha Stewart Weddings.












(All photos by Jessica Claire via Carter & Cook Event Company's Blog)


Vendor Team:
Event Design/Styling: Carter & Cook Event Co.
Flowers: 
Modern Bouquet
Paper: 
Posh Paperie
Cakes: 
Sweet & Saucy Shop
Furniture Rentals: 
Found Rentals
Hair Pieces & Shoe Clips: 
Rachel Larraine
Hair: 
The Mermaid Salon, Kim Lilly
Make up: 
Color4Casting, Jessica Arredondo
Photography: 
Jessica Claire

3 comments:

  1. Hi Valerie! Nicole sent us the link to your blog. I must say, your sweet words totally made our day. You are so very kind! I'm so happy you loved the shoot we styled. :) Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps - your blog is SO fun - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay carter and cook are my former co-workers! :)

    ReplyDelete

Feed me, please!